The church of Santa Teresa is one of the main Baroque buildings in Turin. Built in 1642 for the Carmelites at the behest of the royal madam, Christina of France, it was probably designed by Carmelite architect Andrea Costaguta. It was heavily damaged by World War II bombings, which mainly affected the facade. The interior houses several chapels that stand out for their use of polychrome marble.
Among the most interesting altars should be mentioned that of the Crucifix, which was designed by architect Amedeo Cognengo of Castellamonte in 1677 and executed by sculptor Giuseppe Sala. The altar, which houses an eighteenth-century wooden crucifix by Stefano Maria Clemente, is made entirely of polychrome marble: of particular interest is the antependium, decorated with geometric motifs where, in the framing, an alternation of seravezza from Moncervetto and yellow from Frabosa stands out.
